FARM TOURS Personally Conducted by Chef Now Available!
Farm tours are $25 per person by appointment only – Friday & Saturday Afternoons at 1 PM
15 persons limit per tour
or Phone 808-935-0550
What To Expect:
– 1 hour tour of our 3-acre coffee & cacao estate by the owners, Uncle Stephen and Aunty Liz
– After the tour join us for a complimentary healthy vegan lunch prepared using our farm’s produce and prepared in our commercial kitchen. Also enjoy various seasonal fruit juices & Hawaiian Mamaki tea!
You Will Learn About:
– Coffee Production: Pick coffee (in season) see coffee trees, cultivation, process.
– Cacao Growing: See how chocolate is made from bean- to-bar.
– Bees: See Hives and Learn Beekeeping Techniques.
What you will see on your Farm Tour:
Botanical Ornamentals: Orchids, Anthuriums, Heliconias, flowering vines & shrubs, Hibiscus, and Lotus ponds
Fruit Species: Papaya, Pineapple, Bilimbi, Guava, Rambutan, Lilikoi, Avocado, Bananas, Thimbleberries, Poha, Jaboticaba, Loquat, Starfruit and many varieties of Citrus as well.
Coffee: Depending upon the season, you can actually pick and taste some coffee cherries and see the equipment used to process them.
Cacao: Tour the fields of inter-planted coffee & cacao trees. See the cacao pods. Learn cultivation techniques. Depending upon the season, taste the cacao butter surrounding the seeds as we crack one open for your inspection. Taste roasted cacao nibs. See our chocolate studio & gift shop (still under construction)
Bee Hives, Honey & Pollination: See our 3 Top-Bar Hives in production and learn about bees.
Bonus! In addition to your farm tour:
Aunty Liz will describe living here, evacuating during the Leilani Estates Lava Eruption Impact from May 2018, relocating for months and then returning…
Hear tales of Pele, featuring Rock Rains, Lava River, Fissure 8, and Pele’s Hair!
Where is Puna Gold Coffee & Cacao Estate?
We are located in Lelani Estates near the town of Pāhoa on the Big Island of Hawai’i.
Since at this point we are by appointment only we will give you exact direction at time of booking.
How to schedule Farm Tours:
$25 per person by appointment only – Friday & Saturday afternoons at 1 PM
15 person limit per tour
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or Phone 808-935-0550
Or stop by Pele’s Kitchen in Pahoa Town!