Welcome to Puna Gold Estate!
Join us for FARM TOURS Personally Conducted by Chef Stephen!
Farm tours are $25 per person by appointment only
Daily except Mondays. Tours start at 1 PM
15 persons limit per tour
What To Expect:
– 1 hour tour of our 3-acre coffee & cacao estate by the owner, Uncle Stephen
– After the tour join us for a complimentary chocolate sampling !
You Will Learn About:
– Coffee Production: Pick coffee (in season) see coffee trees, cultivation, process.
– Cacao Growing: See how chocolate is made from bean- to-bar.
– See our on-site chocolate factory!
– Bees: See Hives and Learn Beekeeping Techniques.
What you will see on your Farm Tour:
Botanical Ornamentals: Orchids, Anthuriums, Heliconias, flowering vines & shrubs, Hibiscus, and Lotus ponds
Fruit Species: Papaya, Pineapple, Bilimbi, Guava, Rambutan, Lilikoi, Avocado, Bananas, Thimbleberries, Poha, Jaboticaba, Loquat, Starfruit and many varieties of Citrus as well.
Coffee: Depending upon the season, you can actually pick and taste some coffee cherries and see the equipment used to process them.
Cacao: Tour the fields of inter-planted coffee & cacao trees. See the cacao pods. Learn cultivation techniques. Depending upon the season, taste the cacao butter surrounding the seeds as we crack one open for your inspection. Taste roasted cacao nibs. See our chocolate studio & gift shop (still under construction)
Bee Hives, Honey & Pollination: See our 3 Top-Bar Hives in production and learn about bees.
We are located in Lelani Estates near the town of Pāhoa on the Big Island of Hawai’i.
Since at this point we are by appointment only we will give you exact direction at time of booking.