Puna Gold Coffee & Cacao Estate
FARM TOURS Personally Conducted by Chef Now Available!
$25 per person by appointment only – Friday & Saturday Afternoons at 1 PM
No more than 15 persons per tour
OR PHONE 808-935-0550
What To Expect:
– 1 hour tour of our 3 acre coffee & cacao estate by the owners, Uncle Stephen and Aunty Liz
– After tour: A complete & healthy vegan lunch prepared using our farm’s produce prepared in our commercial kitchen. Various seasonal fruit juices & Hawaiian Mamaki tea.
You Will Learn About:
– Coffee Production: Pick coffee (in season) see coffee trees, cultivation, process
– Cacao Growing: See how chocolate is made from bean- to-bar
– Bees: See Hives and Learn Beekeeping Techniques.
What you will See:
Botanical Ornamentals: Orchids, Anthuriums, Heliconias, flowering vines & shrubs, Hibiscus, and Lotus ponds
Fruit Species: Papaya, Pineapple, Bilimbi, Guava, Rambutan, Lilikoi, Avocado, Bananas, Thimbleberries, Poha, Jaboticaba, Loquat, Starfruit and many varieties of Citrus as well.
Coffee: Depending upon the season, you can actually pick and taste some coffee cherries and see the
equipment used to process them.
Cacao: Tour the fields of inter-planted coffee & cacao trees. See the cacao pods. Learn cultivation techniques. Depending upon the season, taste the cacao butter surrounding the seeds as we crack one open for your inspection. Taste roasted cacao nibs. See our chocolate studio & gift shop (still under construction)
Bee Hives, Honey & Pollination:See our 3 Top-Bar Hives in production and learn about bees.
Aunty Liz will describe living here, evacuating during the Leilani Estates Lava Eruption Impact from May 2018, relocating for months and then returning…
Hear tales of Pele, featuring Rock Rains, Lava River, Fissure 8, and Pele’s Hair!